1. The last few weeks have been a wild ride of ups and downs, but mostly ups. I think this quote is fitting:
2. Where to begin? Let’s backtrack to mid-June where we survived the most intense install I have ever led. We were deep in the heart of Texas, it was a million degrees plus humidity and they were still trying to finish the house while we were there. We set up the furniture, hung over 100 pieces of wall decor, made beds, styled every shelf, etc. etc. etc. and I’m still in shock that we actually did it. I’m so proud of our team for pulling this one off and staying positive through the process! What’s in my bag on install days (plus a bunch of snacks):
2. Now let’s talk about the house. Our client is a collector and loves a funky, bohemian farmhouse look and that definitely pushed us to try new things. All sweating aside, I LOVE HOW THIS HOME CAME TOGETHER! Here’s a peek from the install. We’ll be going back in a few months to shoot it!
3. After missing my family terribly, all I wanted to do for the rest of the week was enjoy summer with them. We went to the carnival, rodeo, movies, park, bike rides, and had lots of picnics. It was exactly we all needed.
4. Syd surprised me with a trip of a lifetime for my birthday. And to think, I was so overwhelmed with work and life that I almost cancelled it (seriously). I don’t know what I was thinking and I’m sure glad I came to my senses. We spent a week in the South of France splitting our time between the Riviera and Provence. When I close my eyes I can still smell the lavender and feel the salty sea. I will be sharing a more in-depth view of our trip soon, but for now, here are a few highlights:
5. I was hungry for inspiration and left filled with more beauty than I could possibly handle. I can’t wait to channel that energy into the months ahead as we film a television series, design houses everywhere, create products, and move into our own home! One thing is for certain, I’m incorporating climbing vines and flowers as much as humanly possible.
7. Oh, and we celebrated the 4th, my birthday (with my favorite cake that my grandma used to make me), and I believe we may have found a winner for our exterior color (more on that later this week)!
Thriving and also barely surviving. Xo-S