1. We're currently in the process of moving, so Wren can go to the kindergarten by the home we're building and I can be the crazy lady that checks on the house progress every day. It's going to be a whirlwind the next two weeks, but we're excited about a change! We took a little break last night to go on a date up at Snowbird and had so much fun.
2. Oh yeah, did I mention we're also moving offices? We've been bursting at the seams for about a year now, but just could not find the right space! We finally found one earlier this year and just finished the plans, permitting, etc. It's a big open blank slate right now and I'M SO EXCITED. I'm having fun with doing a little different style in this new space and will definitely be sharing the progress!
4. Before we do that, Syd and I are staying in Montauk for a few days! I've never been to The Hamptons, so would love any and all recommendations!!!
5. This summer skirt is on repeat. Plus, it's 40% off right now! (I would go off of the 1st review not the second. It ran pretty TTS for me).
6. I've been thinking a lot about stone these days. It got a bad rap for a while because it was used in really cheesy ways, but I'm loving the resurgence of bringing stone indoors instead of just out. FYI, it will be making a small appearance in our future home! I came across this photo from Cambridge Design Company and it is so inspiring to me. It's so beautiful and the kitchen isn't even finished yet!
7. This week marked 4 years since we sold our home in California and moved to Utah. That home was what launched my career as a designer and has allowed us to grow in so many ways. I've been thinking about how it's easy to say lightly in our bio, "We sold our home to start our business." Let me tell you something, it has not been easy. We sacrificed a place of our own, so we could design everyone else's. Every decision on the build of our new house almost brings me to tears because I can't believe it's really happening. There have been ups and downs, but never really anything in-between. Planning, staffing, maintaining, strategizing, correcting, and creating - we are far from perfect, but I'm so proud of us for going for it. I have seen that every 6 months or so we hit a critical juncture that determines the path we lead our team and vision. We're at one of those right now. One day we're dealing with air conditioning problems and the next we're trying to keep up with 900% growth. If you're even still reading this, thank you for following along. Xo-S