1. Hi! I'm tired. It feels like on Sunday afternoons my brain knows that it can finally take a little break and all I can think about is taking a nap. I mentioned a few months ago that we would be designing a really small neighborhood of homes. Well, the land has been cleared and it is GO TIME. I've been staying up 'til all hours of the morning making last minute adjustments and tweaks to the plans. We've partnered with a developer to help us orchestrate a vision of homes that will be predesigned by us from the ground up, built, and then put on the market. We'll continue to give more info on Beck Pines in Alpine, UT as the project develops!
2. Because of the aforementioned project, I've been staring at hundreds of exterior designs this week. Patrick Ahearn always gets it right. Classic, clean, and a mix of symmetry and asymmetry. I promise not all of the houses will be white, but let's be honest...ours probably will be ;)
3. We released a new webisode this past week and the response was really great! Thank you! Before/Afters are so gratifying. If you have an extra minute - go check out the video here and the photo tour here!
4. You know that ruffles on everything trend that's really big right now? Well, I'm digging it. I just bought this top (size down) and it is so cute. I like to pair saccharine tops with rough around the edges denim to balance out the sweetness a little bit. Also, if you've been following for awhile, you know I love a good pair of Vince tennis shoes - they're fancy casual which helps me justify wearing them to work, ha. (size down here too!) My sunglasses addiction is strong, y'all. I broke my Le specs and I decided to try these out. They live up to the hype. (Lipstick is called "Jubilee")
5. We got our family photos taken with Travis J. this past week. Ivy wasn't really in the mood to take photos and the pull of the rocks and wildflowers was strong. It was nuts. Travis was so patient with us and I had no idea if we would get a single good photo with our rambunctious girls, but he just sent them over and I love them so so much! Here's a little peek (my dress is from here and the girls dresses are from here):
6. We are putting out very first catalogue for McGee & Co. this winter! I'm ecstatic about it. I love thumbing through really well designed catalogues and it has always been a dream of mine to see our products and vision in that form. I'm really grateful to have an awesome team in place to make it happen - we have been planning extensively to come out with something that has never been done before in our industry. I can't wait to share because it's really going to be something special!
7. I grew up in Houston and it is so hard for me to see the devastation of the hurricane happening to a city and its people that I have so much love for. If you are able - help contribute to the disaster relief!