Last weekend we were out of town for work and a wedding, so I took a little break from The Sunday 7. I actually really missed writing it and have been looking forward to Sunday all week long.
1. I had a day trip to San Francisco on Wednesday for a presentation at Google (not for Google, but the presentation was there). We have so many projects in the Bay Area right now it's crazy! We shopped in Palo Alto for a hot second before our flight and it was so charming.
2. The next day we took the whole family to Southern California for a little bit of work and family time. Social media panel, beach, wedding, beach, chips/guac/gelato, and more beach. We received lots of DMs about what I was wearing last weekend - you can shop everything below (I had my alterations lady add some nude lining inside the dress to add a little more coverage).
4. Seeing that Coca-Cola sign reminded me of visiting my grandparents in North Carolina growing up. My grandma would always make us Coca-Cola Cake around the 4th of July. It's a southern tradition and tastes as good as southern traditions usually do.
5. Right now I'm feeling especially grateful that the messy beach hair look is socially acceptable - I shower and go to bed with my hair wet every night. Thank goodness for our dry Utah air because I can wake up, fix a few of the frizzy pieces with this curling wand, and go.
Also, ring game these days: minimal/maximal:
6. Syd and I have been dreaming about building backdrop walls to style product for quite sometime and it finally happened - it has been so fun to get to use them as our styling laboratory. We shot our first round of product on them for the launch of our summer products. We just photographed another round on Friday (here's an iphone sneak peek of a new sofa and ottoman coming to the shop)! Also. don't forget that it's free shipping with code FREESHIP at McGee & Co. this weekend!
7. Lastly, this house. You know I love painted white brick. And as far as I'm concerned, this is exceptionally beautiful painted white brick. (Found via The Potted Boxwood)
Are you doing anything fun for the 4th? We plan to do every summer activity possible: swim, bike, BBQ, shoot off fireworks, and eat s'mores. Xx-S