1. Happy Memorial Day weekend! This is seriously one of my favorite weekends of the year. Yesterday we spent the entire day outside, grilled for 2 out of 3 meals, and it ended with that tired sun-kissed feeling I love so much.
2. You may have seen me talking about this on Instagram, but we are doing a parade house in the Utah Valley Parade! You basically buy tickets and June 8-24 can tour newly built homes in the area. We are working with Flagship Homes on a project I'm excited about! We have partnered with them to select all of the finish options in/out of the homes that will be built in their Hampton subdivision in Water's Edge (starting end of June). Although we spend much of our time designing custom homes, it has been a fun challenge to make a few tweaks to take tract homes to the next level and I'm really proud of the result. On Friday I took the girls with me to check on progress and it's really coming together! We'll be installing the furniture later this week (featuring the back of Wren's head again):
3. We also photographed a huge mountain home project we've been working on. It was the largest and tightest turnaround we have ever had and I'm ecstatic with how it turned out - we're talking really insane before/afters. Usually our clients request a modern mix of styles, but this one has a more cozy-cabin feel. Here's a teeny peek of me in the kitchen (keep reading for links to my outfit):
5. These jeans deserve their own number on this week's roundup. Under $100 and they have the best fit!
6. You hear me talking about mixed metals and furniture styles, but I'm also a big fan of mixed materials like wood tones and stone types. I think this a huge emerging trend in kitchens right now. I think this kitchen by Rafterhouse is a great example of a mix of cabinetry and counters that really works (and that beautiful range certainly doesn't hurt):
7. Don't forget about our Memorial Day Sale at McGee & Co.! We only have 2 big sales like this a year, so jump on it! 20% off sitewide with code SUMMER.