1. Happy Easter! We just got home from church, Ivy is napping (look below to see how happy she was to delay her nap for pictures), and Wren is sneaking candy while I write this post. I love Easter for what it means to me spiritually and also the feeling that the sunshine is here to stay for awhile. Moving to Utah has been great in so many ways, but those dark winter months can be tough. I'm just so happy to feel the sun on my face!!!
3. This week they let me get in the excavator and tear down part of a house! It was both exhilarating and kinda terrifying. We received lots of questions about the shoes and sunglasses in my insta-story. Work takes me from construction zone, to meetings, to filming on a daily basis and I'm loving the surprising versatility of a concert tee these days.
4. Meanwhile, just around the corner from the teardown...we staged a midcentury modern spec home renovation with Northstar Builders. We'll have the professional photos and a little video soon! I just die over the beams and all the floor-to-ceiling windows. (You can shop a few of the pieces you see at the bottom of the post!)
5. We launched a new webisode this week on spring kitchen styling and a great salad recipe. It's always exciting and a bit nerve-racking to put out something different than our usual home tours. Even if you're not a salad eater, Maria's kitchen is worth a look!
6. PS. All of our kitchen decor at McGee & Co. is on sale through tonight! No code necessary. If I I could only grab a few pieces to style a kitchen, I would choose these because they never fail me: this amazing wood bowl, pretty hand towel to drape over your sink, these jars, this bread container, and soap!
7. Our team is gearing up for another HUGE install this week. We are crazy and agreed to design/furnish a 10,000 square foot remodel in 4 months. Bless the contractor's heart - he has been so on top of it and I almost can't believe it will be done on time! It's a ski-in ski-out that will have a more traditional mountain home feel to it. I feel so lucky that we get to work on homes across the country. So much so that we may or may not be opening a second office in a different state at the end of the summer. Can you guess where?!!!