I'm a flower girl through and through. I just love them. They make me happy in every shape and form - fresh bouquets, vintage paintings, fabric, etc. If used carefully, florals can add personality and an organic element to both traditional and modern spaces without feeling too over-the-top.
Here are 5 of our favorite ways to incorporate florals into your decor:
1. Start with a pillow (or blanket). Find a floral that really speaks to you and use it as a jumping off point in designing your space. Highlight the pattern by pulling similar colors to be used as solids and compliment the floral with another contrasting pattern. Pillows are great without too much commitment (more examples here and here).
2. Add a piece of floral artwork! Flowers are used in so many variations of art (watercolor, photography, abstract, etc.) Choose a piece that you feel embodies the style of your space and mix it with other art styles. It can be large or small, standing alone or in a gallery wall. Either way, adding floral will instantly bring warmth and life to your space.
3. Go bold with floral wallpaper. As most of you already know, I love a good wallpaper. Choosing a floral pattern is the perfect opportunity to make a bold statement in a romantic way. If you're unsure, start with a small space (like we discussed here) and keep the rest somewhat simple (another example here).
4. Upholster a piece of furniture in your favorite floral pattern. From headboards to chairs, this one is all about embracing the pattern and allowing it to steal the show.
5. When in doubt, add fresh flowers! If you're not ready to embrace the floral trend just yet (or if you are - add more!) fresh flowers are the perfect way to go. There's something so special about live flowers. Not only do they smell great, but they bring so much life and depth to a space. You won't regret it! (more examples here, here, and here)