Position: Financial Controller
Location: Salt Lake City
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
- Direct the organization's overall financial policies and coordinate all aspects of corporate accounting functions, financial reporting, cash management, tax, payroll/stock/benefit administration, bank compliance, insurance, legal, and other financial operations for the Company.
- Provides technical accounting advice, research and support ensuring the Company is in compliance with the latest reporting requirements and that management receives timely, accurate results and data to make informed decisions.
- Ensures integrity of financial systems, general ledgers and sub-ledgers and identifies system enhancements to maximize productivity and reduce operating costs
- Coordinate tasks with all Department Heads as they relate to the financial aspects of specific systems, initiatives, projects and programs.
- Oversee and manage relationships with external auditors, banks, insurance companies, and third-party payment processing vendors.
- Lead and develop the Accounting team.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA license required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including at least 3 years in an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller role.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and required technical areas, including: account reconciliations, stock option plan administration, 409a, 382 NOL, tax matters.
- Multi-channel retail experience preferred, but not required. NetSuite experience a plus.
- Nimble problem-solver.
- Solid leadership, multi-tasking and problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communicator. Ability to bring new ideas to the table, and champion change and efficiency.