Position: eCommerce Buyer
Location: Sat Lake City Office
Description: McGee & Co. is growing! We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic, go-getter to join our buying team!
The eCommerce Buyer reports to the Director of eCommerce and is responsible for all merchandising activities. This role will be responsible for the development and execution of merchandising plans including collection planning, vendor relationships, product procurement, pricing negotiations, promotional strategies, inventory turnover to drive revenue growth and achieve margin goals.
• Meet or exceed performance metrics for the position such as revenue growth, inventory turnover, average margin, and out of stock percentages
• Define and manage collection strategies, working with creative team to make sure overall collections are cohesive
• Forge and expand strong supplier and vendor relationships
• Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, MOQ’s, delivery, payment)
• Forecast sales by unit and monitor actual vs. forecasted performance
• Develop product promotional plans in coordination with marketing team
• Determine stock requirements and execute against replenishment plan
• Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of new trends and new product ideas
• Coordinate with internal departments to identify opportunities for better product representation, etc.
• Analyze competitor marketing and pricing
• 2 years of experience in buying consumer goods (eCommerce experience a plus)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Articulate, persuasive communicator (oral and written) with strong negotiating skills
• Understanding of retail math and merchandising concepts
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative, works with minimal supervision